At SnapTravel, we are working on complex problems within NLP (understanding and replying to ambiguous human messaging), Conversational Commerce (optimizing conversions and new user behavior over chat) and Machine Learning (choosing the best hotel automatically from a large data set with extremely complex market dynamics).
We are looking for a Front-end Engineer who wants to push the boundaries of tech and travel while using the latest front-end tools and frameworks. We have a no BS, get things done attitude and you must be willing to own your features end to end. As a company, we value feedback highly and use qualitative (talking to users) and quantitative (metrics, A/B testing) to figure out what’s most important and ship features on weekly sprints. We’re a small team so you’ll have lots of autonomy to make a significant impact and tackle very interesting technical challenges. There will be an opportunity to take on technical leadership roles as the company grows.
- Cutting edge front-end stack using React, Redux, Isomorphic SPAs, PWAs, serverless architecture, etc
- Well tested codebase using Enzyme, Jest, Mocha and Sinon
- Real-time bot platform using Node, Express, SocketIO
- SOA architecture powered by many micro services, including the website, the bot platform, the NLP engine and the recommendation engine
- Ability to learn fast regardless of the language/technologies used
- Taking ownership and shipping entire features end to end
- Flexibility in work hours and tasks given that we’re a fast growing startup