SnapTravel's mission is to build the #1 modern travel brand by providing our customers with the best deals over a delightful conversational experience. At SnapTravel, we are working on complex problems within NLP (understanding and replying to ambiguous human messaging), Conversational Commerce (optimizing conversions and user behavior over chat) and Machine Learning (choosing the best hotel automatically from a large data set with complex market dynamics) to push the boundaries of tech and travel globally.
We are looking for an Infrastructure Engineer with 2+ years of experience to join our growing team. As a founding member of our infrastructure engineering team, you are a key player who will help improve our deployment process & infrastructure setup, and support the overall engineering team in measuring and increasing their speed & efficiency. You are comfortable working to tackle complex problems in tools, testing and operations, and will love that we value feedback highly and use qualitative and quantitative data to determine what's most important. We’re a small team with a get-things-done attitude, so you’ll have lots of autonomy to create impact while tackling complex technical challenges.
- Modern Service Oriented Architecture running on AWS cloud. We use Elasticbeanstalk, running dockerized apps and RESTful API’s built on serverless architecture supporting millions of searches a day (100+ QPS)
- Our data is stored in Postgres, Redis, ElasticSearch and S3
- We use Cloudflare and Cloudfront to deliver performance across the web
- Recommendation and realtime pricing engine using Python, Flask, Numpy, Scikit, Airflow, Postgres and Redis
- We do automated code builds and deploys using Gitlab CI and Terraform
- At least 2 years of software development work experience, with a focus on Infrastructure, Tools and/or DevOps
- Can learn quickly, regardless of the languages and technologies used
- You love solving complex problems with logical, well-reasoned solutions
- Familiarity with continuous deployment, scaling, monitoring and achieving high availability on cloud-based service providers
- Experience dockerizing apps and architecting microservices designed to scale
- Created automated test and deployment workflows
- Built data-pipeline and ETL infrastructure to handle multiple data sources, medium to large sized datasets
- Good Linux fundamentals and understanding of Unix philosophy
- Build something that matters, and collaborate in building a product used globally
- Benefit from best-in-class salaries, equity stock options, a comprehensive benefits package with flexible Health Spending Account, and more
- We work flexible schedules to allow for optimal work-life balance. As you start to grow your family, we have a generous Parental Leave Policy to support you as well!
- In addition to collaborating with top global talent on lots of interesting projects, you'll also have fun working in a diverse, inclusive environment with constant support from both peers and leaders